Miss Philippines Wins Supranational in Minsk!
Mutya Datul made the Philippines proud after winning the 5th Miss Supranational crown in Minsk, Belarus. She is the very first Asian to win the prestigious title in the 5 year history of the pageant. In a recent interview by press in Belarus, Mutya shared that she will spend her winning prize of $25,000 for the medical treatment of her mom.
Aside from winning the title, Mutya was also a finalist in Talent competition, Miss Internet popularity and declared as Miss personality! “She has brought immense honor to the Philippines and we are looking forward to a rousing welcome for our very fist Miss Supranational on Monday, September 9,” BPCI said in a statement.
She will have a grand homecoming on September 9 to celebrate her winning. Events2images is rooting for Mutya since she started competing in National contests and fully supportive in her international tilt. Events2images will be covering her homecoming and grand parade.
Here are the list of winners and semifinalists:
Complete Top 5 finishers
- Philippines – Mutya Datul
- Mexico – Jacqueline Morales
- Turkey – Leyla Köse
- Indonesia – Cok Istri Krisnanda
- U.S. Virgin Islands – Esonica Veira
- Thailand – Thanyaporn Srisen
- Venezuela – Annie Fuenmayor
- Puerto Rico – Desirée Del Rio
- Australia – Esma Voloder
- Poland – Angelika Ogryzek
- Gabon – Hillary Ondo
- Canada – Suzette Hernandez
- Luxembourg – Heloise Paulmier
- India – Vijaya Sharma
- Myanmar – Khin Wint Wah
- Belarus – Veronika Chachina
- Russia – Yana Dubnik
- Latvia – Diana Kubasova
- Brazil – Raquel Benetti
- Ukraine – Kateryna Sandulova
Miss Nicaragua, Alejandra Gross, won the Best National Costume award. Miss Sweden, Sally Lindgren, was Miss Elegance.